2. Some activity tables are configured so children are free to stand, move around, and socialize. For play tables that require seating, use kid-sized chairs, which are much more comfortable for children and encourage them to play longer, happier.
3. Research shows that children playing at activity tables are more cooperative, better behaved, and in general happier than those at less creative play. Imagination is the building block for better work skills later on.
4. Bead tables and train tables are perfect for occupying otherwise fidgety children in waiting rooms and reception offices. Besides being fun and social, these activity tables feature attached and tethered parts so the staff isn't burdened with constant cleanup.
5. Children love to imitate adults. While many activity tables are bright and colorful, others imitate adult tables, easels and workbenches, and include kid versions of adult tools so children can play grown-up.
6. Activity tables entertain, but they also give children opportunities to solve problems their own way. Self-talk and creative reasoning develop into higher executive skills.
7. Kids workbenches and play kitchens provide plenty of opportunity for interaction with adults. But don't just show them what to do. Play with them to experiment, invent, and create. There is still some kid in you too.
8. Lego tables provide more than a foundation for blocks. Kids love to construct castles and dream big. Creativity and inspiration blossom in group play, as kids watch each other, learn, and invent.
9. A sense of independence sprouts in small ways. Kids love to have an activity table or workspace that they can call their own, a land over which they have dominion. It's one more opportunity for them to imitate being adult.
10. Activity tables are great for you too. They control the mess and are easily stored. Many have built in shelves or covers and rolling casters so you can put things away neatly. Some have adjustable or removable legs for versatility, and all are built to be stain-resistant and to clean up with a quick wipe.